Sunday, July 31, 2011

Just a little reminder...



                I could still remember when I was young, we were poor. We had no car. We had motorcycles and a very old broken van.


              When I was 13, my family managed to buy a second hand car. It was just a Proton Wira. I was so excited. I felt so happy get to sit in a car. Every time I follow my dad to fetch my brother to tuition, just to enjoy sitting in a car. I didn't have to sit the old van anymore.


              Years went by, I went to University. I told my mother the life there is difficult. I had to wait for bus. The weather is so hot, there are a lot of people, I can't stand squeezing around with people in the bus, and it wastes a lot of time to wait for the bus. My uncle came to visit and got a terrible shock that how huge my university is, and how inconvenient to take a bus. My mother loved me so much that she bought a second hand Kancil for me.


              Now, I'm working in kindergarten. I see a lot of lucky kids. They were just as young as 2 and they get to sit in a Honda. How lucky, I thought. I was 13 and felt so excited to sit in a Proton Wira. How stupid was I.


            When I was in University, I admire those who have cars to drive around when I have to sit in bus, they don't have to wait for bus under the hot son. When I couldn't catch a bus, and I walked back to my hostel, then I admire those who get to sit in bus, they don't have to walk. Now even I admire 2 years old kid get to sit in a Honda...


            Come to think of it, I realized one important thing, I've been using too much time to admire people until I've forgotten what have I got. I've got a pair of legs that I could walk everywhere I want. At least I could walk back to hostel when there is no bus. What about those who are cripple? Will they get to walk like I could? Why was I so blind? I supposed to thank God for what I've got. I may be poor, that my family couldn't own big cars or house, but my parents love me very much. That's what matters the most.




            So friends, a simple reminder of this blog for you all and myself is, be grateful for what we have. Stop comparing yourself with others. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment